Modicon M221 Scan Time Excessive

ControlSystems

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hopefulluly someone out there has solved this... We have a new Modicon M221 Nano performing Read_Var messaging from remote radios. On my test bench the stripped down test plc program reads and writes data over the Modbus TCP network at about 200us. The full program when loaded onto this processor runs at about 2000us! There isnt that much messaging and there is no physical IO used in the full program. I'm new to this Nano family of controllers, is it possible we are just asking too much of the M221 processor? Any advice on that would be appreciated before I rush out to buy the next up class of Modicon processor...

M221 scan time question

Yes, the larger messaging program which I am investigating scanning times to evaluate my messaging errors runs 2000 micro seconds. If this is a good number, then I will need to review my code more- Thr trouble is related to when there is more thsn one slave ID added to the message routine, 1 read works well, then when adding a second the message fails...? Found some excellent examples in the Machine Basic drop down menu for templates! Didnt know those were even there :(