Modicon M340 PLC Clock and Citect

jfritz8

Hi all,

I'm running into an issue with a Modicon M340 PLC Clock and daylight savings time. I found an old thread that wrote out specific code on how to set the clock here: http://www.plctalk.com/qanda/showthread.php?t=81589&highlight=Modicon+M340+Clock

I tried implementing the code in the M340, but when I set the %S50 to 1 it does not allow me to write into the integers I created.

Has anyone ever done this before with Citect and M340?

If you use simulator, then yours programmin PC clock is taked to simulated time to system words.

You need real PLC for testing clock system words.

If you use simulator, then yours programmin PC clock is taked to simulated time to system words.

You need real PLC for testing clock system words.

Thanks for the reply Lare,

I was using a PLC that is in the field so it was not a simulator. For some reason when we set that bit all the fields went to 0 and we were not able to type anything in to change. I made sure the PLC clock was set from the computer before we started so that wasn’t an issue.

Do you have any logic code for clocks setting?

From animation table you should be able set %s50 and animate date and time system words.

If you set %50, system words should have same values than just before setting bit.
You can adjust system words and when you reset bit %s50 new time is readed to CPU.
system words are only on BCD-format.