Modicon/Scheider TSX Micro --> Siemens OP17

Siemens

Hi,

Siemens confirmed that the WinCC Flexible Panels (OP277 in my case) that have the driver for TSX unitelway, can communicate via a TSXSCA62.

So I bought the same tools...
I just don't understand the connections.

This is what I tried:

1. Tried connection with PL7 to the PLC with a TSXPCX1031 cable. The connection in the CPU is configured to MASTER, 9600 bps, ODD, 8 data, 1 stop.

2. Made the connections, but I'm not sure about this.

3. Made an I/O field to write on the variabletag that makes connection to %MW0. Placed an alarmwindow under this I/O field to see System Messages end selected event messages so that the messages are buffered and don't dissapear.

This is the Setup:

20140216_125846.jpg

These are the connections that I made in the TSXSCA62:
20140216_125833.jpg

These are the connections that I made in the TSXPACC01:
20140216_125839.jpg

Questions:

1. Do I have to use the 15 pins port on the TSXSCA62 or can I connect it the way I did, on the terminals ?

2. How do I have to set the dipswitches in the TSXSCA62, these are now set to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ON and 6 OFF, both sides... ?

3. I'm I allowed to use a profibuscable and a profibusconnector on de panel side ?

What can I do to get this working ?

In the alarmwindow I get: Tag1 could not be written when changing the value.

Thanks in advance for helping me out,

Kind regards,
Gerry

Succeeded

Okay,

It works.

But several things I'm asking myself...

So I have the connection like this now:
- OP277 to TSX37 with an Unitelway RS485 driver in WinCC Flex 2008 configured for the OP277.

Remarks:
- When trying several things on the DIN8 connector (switching A an d B signals), it can mess up the connection, the panel doesn't connect anymore, unless if I reboot the panel... ?
- When the signals are connected the way they should, then after disconnecting and reconnecting, the connection re-estanblishes the way it should without a problem.
- Connecting the Profibuscable on the TSXPACC01 without the use of the TSXSCA62 works as well ??? Without the TSXPACC01 It doens't connect.

- Question: terminating resistor in de profibusconnector (HMI side) is on. The one on the TSX side is on when I use the TSXSCA62. So I now think that the TSXSCA62 is ment to use for longer distances ?

The communication works now, but still have the questions about the dip switches and the termination on both sides and why it works with a TSXPACC01 and not without any accesory's.

Here some pic about the succesfull connection:
20140216_213418.jpg

20140216_213432.jpg

20140216_213508.jpg

20140216_214322.jpg

Kind regards,
Combo