module SM334

bahman

Hi everybody,

you assumed we have a value from 0 to 10v with an analog module SM334 in slot 6 is inputted(PIW288).
My question is how is it contain 0 to 27648 integers?(16 bit)

Thank you

dear bahman

i am not familiar with this type sm334 but i will tell u how the analogue input module is generally handled in siemens

first u have to adjust the type of the analog signal on the card , u will find a small square on
the side of the card remove it and plug it on the correct choice

in the hardware configuration u have to set the type also in the module properties

to read this channel u read the piw and u scale it
either by writing a small program for example

l piw
itd
dtr
l 27648.0
/r
l 100.0
*r
t mw 100

Because siemens work with the resolution * number in function of analog card´s resolution. i.e: if you´ve a card with 12 bits, you´ll have 4096*8=32768, but if you´ve a card with 8 bits, you´ll have 256*128=32768.And the valor=27648 is the greatest valor nominal.
regards