More GE Fanuc 90-30 programming

rsdoran

Lifetime Supporting Member
Attached is a VersaPro version 2.02 program in a zip file.

I have redone 2 machines and the 2nd machine, along with the tech/operator, offered some different insights to the machine. I have made many modifications to my original program. I have also made many efforts to organize/sequence the data to follow the machine operation. There are some minor electromechanical differences between the machines that I am working to eliminate. The program even with the differences is the same for the 2 machines I have done. I have more features to incorporate that are now self sufficient but since a plc is there it would eliminate the need for a high cost photoeye/timer (MKE-90). That part I will get to later.

What I hope is that some of you can look at the VersaPro file, I would make it a pic but havent determined how, and offer suggestions to clean it up. If needed I will offer my feeble attempt at a DWG drawing to show the system. My feeble attempt to me is a 1000% better than the way it was originally wired and drawn. I can not go into details of what I have had to do to obtain a working program that can create decent drawings but they are only available on a computer at work and I didnt think to make a copy, I will make one and load it at the first opportunity.

Most of you know that I am not a programmer, more from lack of opportunity than lack of desire, nor am I an engineer but I like the chance to do things in this area.

This program has 25 rungs for an L sealer..ie the product enters at a right angle to the pusher ram which delays (photoeye is a couple of inches before pusher) then pushes the product under a cutter head. The cutter head, as soon as the pusher ram has cleared the head, travels down. When the head is down a limit switch is made that starts the heat/seal/cut time, when this time is done then the head "dwell", time head stays after heat/seal/cut, is started. As soon as the dwell time is done then outfeed conveyor and cooling air (air blowing on seal) is started, these have there own timers to determine length they are on. ALSO in this process, at the beginning, is a pulse sequence (note: these may be name backwards) to allow the heat/cut/seal to maintain a consistent temperature. I have this set to pulse the heat at approximately the time the machine would operate if running at max capacity. The pusle does NOT operate when the head is down and the heat/cut/seal operation is in action.

Thank you for any assistance.

Last edited:
Ron,

The zip file you posted contains only a single file called consolesealer.fld. There should be several other files for a valid VersaPro folder. I uggest you just follow the VersaPro 'Backup' procedure and post the file 'consolesealer.flb'. That's the zipped file that VersaPro uses for its 'Restore' procedure.

Hey Ron,

I just downloaded your file and opened it up with no problem.

Not being the sharpest knife in the drawer, it is going to take me a little while to analyze your program. But I am working on it as time permits.

Steve

Thanks for taking the time

The machine works as is but we will probably be making modifications to it "on the fly" per se to make it more productive. The machine would wrap/seal approximately 20 pieces per minute max, I have that close to 30 ppm now but would like to push that higher in the future.

I am not at work today (sick child) so dont have access to my drawing I made for the machine. I was planning on posting that too.

What I wanted to know if it makes sense and is documented properly. Do I need to do anything to clean it up? Any suggestions on style. Any tips to better organize layout etc would be appreciated.

I havent incoporated any alarms yet but that is also in the plans. I hope to simplify troubleshooting for the operator/techs. The modifications and drawings I have made should make it easier in many ways but I have an abundance of I/O cards that I can use so will probably incorporate more features for troubleshooting. I wanted an HMI but had to settle on some Horner Data displays I had salvaged. These allow certain timers to be modified if needed.

Thank you.