Move String with SFC20 STEP7

Sergihno

Hello everyone!

I'm moving string value from DB to Q area for displaying it at WinCC.
I see some value is presented in DB in Variable Table (TAB).

I move string value using SFC20 "BLKMOV". RET_VAL = 0.
But there is an empty field for text in WinCC.

BLK_MOVE_TEXT.JPG

Have you checked that the 2 first bytes in the string are correct?

The first byte of the string contains max length and the second byte current length of the string they must be correct in order for WinCC to display the string.

Have you checked that the 2 first bytes in the string are correct?

The first byte of the string contains max length and the second byte current length of the string they must be correct in order for WinCC to display the string.

This is the first 16 bytes of DB where the text have to be.

STEP7_VAT.JPG

Of course you can read any address area with a CP5512 in WinCC v7.
You must have setup the communication completely wrong.

It's working. I use PROFIBUS DP.chn communication driver. I have only "Input" or "Output" modes and then you choose type of tag.

Tag_settings_WinCC7.JPG

Will the CP5512 work with "Simatic S7 Protocol Suite.chn" WinCC communication driver?

Because only using this driver the all data area is avaliable including DB.

There must be another kind of driver. Probably "Profibus" without the "DP".
I dont have personal experience with WinCC, but I am certain that it is possible to access DBs via Profibus.
Study the manuals for WinCC.

After you set your pg/pc interface- you setup WinCC here

See below

You should have 5512 and not PC adapter like mine

Last edited: