MSG Instruction Path

RacerGofKGB

Hello All,
I am trying to set up an RSLogix 5000 program to email me once a certain condition exists. I believe I have everything else set up correctly, I am just having some difficulty figuring out the communication paths and continue to get error code 204 Connection Failure. I have two message commands. One to set up the email server and one to send the email. The path for the email server is set up as such: LocalENB,2,000.00.0.00 (with the IP address of the email server). So I am telling it to go to the local communication module, go out the Ethernet/ip port and go to the email server. What am I missing here? I have pinged the IP address and I have access to it.

Similar Topics

Hello, I am using a Compactlogix 5380 PLC and need to read values from a few existing PLC 5s, other Compactlogix PLCss, and a few Controllogix...
Replies
Views
In Studio 5000 is there any way to change the path for a MESSAGE datatype during runtime? I want to be able to set the same Path(IP address)...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to ensure I have the correct path to allow msg read from 5380 processor via compactlogix. The SI has installed it in a way I'm not...
Replies
Views
I can't seem to figure out this path format for the new controllers, especially since there are two ethernet networks. Does anyone know the format...
Replies
Views
I have a question, on the MSG instruction communication path setting. I would like to read an analog controller, 5555 to the 5561 controller, two...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom