Need a demo version of RSLogix v16

Dr. Robotnic

I know there is currently a verison 17 on the rockwell automation website, but my college currently uses v16. I have written entire assignments in version 17 only to find that I can't find away to transfer them to version 16 at school.

I would appreicate it more then anything if someone could find the demo version for 16. I'm a poor student so I won't ask for someone to find me retail version as I can't afford it.

Thanks for any help I'll keep checking back, as this is very important. I have to write a PLC program to operate a robotic sorting slide, and there is no way the time I'm allowed in class will be enough.

Also please forgive the user name, it's the most creative thing i could think of at the time.

Lancie has the right idea, but of course if you don't have v16 then you cannot save it as v16.

As a temporary workaround, use the Save As feature and choose .L5K as the file type. This will save your version 17 project as a text file.

Then open the text file using any text editor and look near the top for a line that says IE_VER=2.x

The "x" will be a number that reflects version 17. Decrease that number by 1. So version 2.8 would be 2.7. Save the file and transfer it to your school PC.

On the school PC open RSLogix5000 and then open your file to launch the import tool. Make sure v16 is selected.

As long as you haven't used any features unique to v17 you should be able to convert it to v16 this way.

OG