Need a good VPN router for remote connect to PLC

I have good experience (as an user) with cisco. very stable ..

We have also implemented some Tosibox components. Basically you have a lock at the site you want access to, and have a (usb)key for every user.

It is pretty much plug and play, works with both wired ethernet or 4G. My clients like it because they can easily unplug it and block me out :).

Thanks for the suggestion. Just wondering, if it's on a plant floor where there are say 20+ machines, wouldn't that not be economic to have one in every panel?

Hard to comment on the architecture without knowing the layout of 20+ machines, what's in them that you plan on connecting to the VPN router and what the plant will let you do.

As far as functionality goes, the eWO* (both the basic model, Cosy, and the advanced model, Flexy) are a breeze to set up and work well. Both are free (other than hardware costs), but do have an option for a "Pro" (paid) account that allows device specific privileges to be set. With a free account, if a user has access to the eWO*, they have access to everything connected to it. You can create a webpage for the Flexy which is pretty nice for "client services", where management may want to check on their equipment without affecting the process. Their web creator software, ViewO*, is pretty primitive as far as web development software goes, but it gets the job done. If all you're doing is troubleshooting for tech support, the Cosy would be a better choice.

I've had experience with Ei3, which also makes a good unit. But, that is a paid service.

Last edited: