Need Data Visualization and Plot Data Extraction?

Fraser Miller

Hi everyone!
I wanted to share a new data visualization and curve fitting tool that I've been using recently.

If you need to visualize relationships within your data, finding the right curve is crucial for obtaining accurate insights, predictions, and estimates. This process is known as curve fitting, and you can learn more about it in this article: https://splinecloud.com/features/curve-fitting/

Additionally, this resource offers graph data digitizing tools that can help you extract data from image plots. If you ever need to extract data from printed graphs, this tool can be extremely useful. You can find all the information you need about plot digitizing here: https://splinecloud.com/features/plot-digitizing/

I assure you this isn't spam; I simply wanted to share this information with you in case it might be useful.

Thank you for your attention!

Hmmm one spam followed from jessicaraw (banned) and used the previous ones wording AND contained a unrelated link (removed here) .
Good day! Your pursuit of data visualization and plot data extraction caught my attention, and I find it fascinating how technology can turn unstructured data into insightful knowledge. I can definitely offer some advice on harnessing the power of data with the assistance of the dependable Allied 350Wt Power Supply, even though my experience is in the field of technology and power supply solutions.
I smell a rat

Hmmm one spam followed from jessicaraw (banned) and used the previous ones wording AND contained a unrelated link (removed here) .

I smell a rat

I clicked on the thread expecting it to be a post about a controls engineer needing to figure out how to do some silly mathy stuff in his otherwise dumb HMI.

Instead, it absolutely reads like a press release. agreed.

This looks to me to be the very definition of spam, especially since its your first post here,

But I'm not gonna trash it just yet in case others see it differently.

Sure, you can style it however you like, but at its core, it's still the same. I actually got into using this thing because my bestie recommended it, and I gotta say, it's like GitHub for us engineering folks, just as she said!

But hey, thanks for not taking it down right away. My intention was simply to share some helpful links.

Instead, it absolutely reads like a press release. agreed.

You know, I get it, this post might come off a bit like a press release. But to be honest, I haven't been great at writing since my school days. On the flip side, I can navigate in engineering reference books like a pro! đź“š

You know, guys, I'm sorry if I'm not the best at writing proper recommendations. :oops:

Since you are new you haven't seen the way spam comes into this site. It looks exactly like what you wrote (as a first post) and often mimics a previous reply (just as the one after your post did) but usually has random links to silly things (as the one after your post did).
Not having it hyperlinked is a better option. Less convenient, but also less suspicious.

There is an alternative option that you can self host, check out WebPlotDigitizer on Github.

Disclaimer, I've not used OP's link, and only vaguely remember testing the WebPlotDigitizer repo many many moons ago, so can't speak to its usability. I tend to gravitate to things I can host, build or deploy locally, and really try to stay away from all this push to cloud based stuff. But, that's just the curmudgeon in me I guess. :D

Patrick

I'm with you, the cloud stuff has a huge number of advantages only possible because of the scale, but they also have an equally large disadvantage in that it's just some else's computer that you may or may not be able to reach, control or secure as well as an on prem solution.