Need help communicating pc to panel view 300 standard

dabanani

I have RS232 9 pins (pin to pin connection) connecting my laptop to panel view 300 with serial number : 2711-K3A5L1. I am using panelbuilder 32 sofware using the terminal setup for 2711-K3A17 FRN4.10-4.XX, protocol DF1
I tried communicating using both panelbuider 32 software and RSlinx softwere using RS232 DF1 devices

When using RSlinx I use the settings:
Comm port: COMM 1
Device: SLC-CH0/Micro/PanelView
PARITY: None
Station Number: 01
Errror Checking: BCC
Stop Bit: 1
Protocol: Full Duplex

When I hit Auto-Confiqure, I could see it testing BCC and then testing CRC error checking and then display the error,
"Unable to verify settings due to packet timeout, check all cables and configuration and try again"

Your Panelview has DH485 protocol. You will need to use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx to communicate with your PV. You will need a real serial port to use this driver.
Also the cable needed should be a straight thru cable.
Do you have a real serial port? If not one solution is a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH 485 converter). Another solution is a memory card to load/upload your PV program.

Last edited:
I have similar problem. If a panelview300micro configure for DH485 protocol, can you connect it on a 1761-NET-AIC's RS-232(DB-9 DTE) communication port? The PV300micro that I'm dealing with is connected this way.

I have similar problem. If a panelview300micro configure for DH485 protocol, can you connect it on a 1761-NET-AIC's RS-232(DB-9 DTE) communication port? The PV300micro that I'm dealing with is connected this way.

Yes. See PDF below (unzip it)

What is the complete catalog number of your PV?

Last edited:
Thanks for the immediate reply.

The cat.no. is 2711-M3A18L1. Based on PV300micro operation manual, default communication protocol is DF1. Maybe the machine manufacturer set it to DH485. Other PV300micros with similar cat.no. successfully auto-configure using DF1 protocol on RSlinx_2.54 Gateway. I do have a 1747-UIC.

Your PV supports DF1, You will have to use DF1 protocol to communicate with it.

The 1747-UIC will not work with your PV, it is a USB to DH485 converter.

It is possible to change the protocol with a firmware change see pdf below. If that was done then your 1747-UIC would work.

DF1.jpg

Attachments

• FirmwareChange.pdf
    66.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited: