Need help decoding logic

puravdagli

These are three rungs that I came accross in an old Sy/max program which I am converting to a ControlLogix program. I am trying to figure out what was being accomplished here. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

When inputs 1 & 2 are true, output 1 will be energized until the timer times out.

It could be almost anything, parts reject for instance, if two PE's are made, fire reject pusher for x amount of time.

That looks weird to me.

In 1&2 on at any time starts a timer and turns on an output.

The output retains.. when the timer times out the output goes off.

What if you release one of the ins???? the output continues to retain and the timer is no longer timing????? The output never goes off!!!!

hmmm... Have I seen this correct.

If it wasn't for the dual inputs, which make it look like a two hand control, this is almost like the on/off button on a cellphone or similar device. A quick press turns it on; press and hold to turn off.

Keith