Need help for Foundry industry

sameerrmore

Hi Everyone,

Working on Piston(Foundry) project where GE-Fanuc PLC's are used. We have used Cimplicity SCADA 8.0 for temp and Pouring material cooling timer.
For PLC we have using Proficy Machine addition 6.0
Issue we are facing is Pouring material cooling timer is automatically changes it value in some cycle and liquid form iron get spread over shop.
Do anyone have suggest any sensor for detecting iron is in liquid form OR any other suggestion.

IS anything writing to the timer preset?
you mentioned certain cycles, so I am assuming that your hmi software is changing the preset.

Also, if the pouring cycle is done and there is no issue with that, are you saying that the system opens up during the cooling process and spills liquid metal all over the floor? if yes, I would look to see if the timer is a retentative timer. maybe the timer is not being reset in certain situations. what else can tell the system the timing cycle has ended?

just my thoughts,
james

Thanks for your reply.
Actually Preset value for timer is set by Cimplicity and it is continuously moved into the PLC preset value. When power off, preset value for solidification becomes "0" in this case if operator press cycle start liquid metal spills all over the floor.
For solution of this issue i was added one interlock i.e. if preset value is 0 then operator not able to start cycle. It need to be take some preset value.
As issue is resolved but need help for Cimplicity SCADA and Cimplicity machine addition tutorial. If you have know any link for basic of these software please share. I was search it is on You tube but did not found proper tutorials.