Need help for rio config over dnet

ibora

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
I have a project to refurbish a machine with clx5k. On my project I'm planning to use 7 Beckhoff BK5220 remote nodes. Unfortunately, i'm not very experienced on DNET. Is there a link for detailed explanations for setting rios over 1756-dnet? Or better, can you explain me where i will start this job?:confused:
Thanks all

Hi all,
I have a project to refurbish a machine with clx5k. On my project I'm planning to use 7 Beckhoff BK5220 remote nodes. Unfortunately, i'm not very experienced on DNET. Is there a link for detailed explanations for setting rios over 1756-dnet? Or better, can you explain me where i will start this job?:confused:
Thanks all

Remote I/O or RIO is an older Communications System for Scanning I/O. Devicenet is a completely different Communications System. You will need RSNetworx for Devicenet, and the EDS files for the Beckhoff units to set it up.

There are lots of documents at http://www.ab.com and at the Literature Library at http://literature.rockwellautomatio.../documents/webassets/browse_category.hcst and of course there is always Google.

Stu....

Last edited:
The best documents for a DeviceNet beginner are DeviceNet Media Guide (DNET-UM072) and the DeviceNet Modules in Logix 5000 Control Systems (DNET-UM004), both available from the RA Literature Website.

There is a good quick-start Tutorial that comes with RSNetworx for DeviceNet as a PPS slideshow that describes the basic functions of RSNetworx. Find it in the Rockwell Software\RSNetworkii directory.

Multi-vendor integration is the hardest way to start with any network technology. Post whatever information you can get about the Beckhoff adapter.

Thank you ken,
In the factory that i work there are some machines that used BK5220-allmost different machines that i want to refurbish- but this is a sample to me. I will control only digital inputs and outputs over BK5220.
I must use this adapter due to spare part limitations (boss wants to make that present parts, i bet it's same everywhere:ROFLMAO:). Now, just i'm analyzing how used it. After collect enough data i think i can do it. If i need additional data, i will reply.