need help-hard program !!!

hosary06

hello ,
it's my first post ,and I'm proud to be a part of an amazing community such as yours.

so,currently I'm at the end of my training period to start working on PLC/HMI specially SIEMENS and LSIS

my trainer gave my that program to try to execute as a challenge
1- i have 5 (Pb's) each one operate a specified motor,so i have 5 motors + one switch "RUN"

2- the required is when i push the 5 Pb's in any random sequence ,and then press a main "RUN" switch , the 5 motors operate with the same sequence !!!

for example:
if I pressed PB 1 then 4 then 3 then 5 then 2
and then pressed the "RUN" switch
the 5 motors operates with the same order of the pressed PB'S with (let's say 10 seconds) delay between each others
and so on,with any random sequence.

note: he gave me a hint to use indirect addressing, but still i couldn't perform the ladder program

so, help please

Hi Hosary,

Welcome to the forum.

What have you managed so far?
What specific problems are you running into?

Also, I don't think you can use indirect addressing in LADDER.

Are you using Simatic Manager or TIA?
What PLC?

Hi Hosary,

Welcome to the forum.

What have you managed so far?
What specific problems are you running into?

Also, I don't think you can use indirect addressing in LADDER.

Are you using Simatic Manager or TIA?
What PLC?

Thanks sir,

• so far,I have finished the standard PLC/HMI operation under lsis PLC and panels

• also, i have a good experience working on SIEMENS S7-300 PLC using Simatic Manager 5.5

• so, I managed to accomplish many operational programs such as packaging machines control ,tanks systems , ...other standard systems

• my problem is that recently I started working with indirect addressing "#" and I managed to make some recipes programs using that programing approach which reduced the ladder program so much.

• but,I try to make that motor random sequence program which i descried before ,and I don't even know where to start.
  • so I need to know the idea to achieve such a random sequence
finally ,thanks for your response,and I hope you could help me solving that annoying point.

Usually you don't need indirect addressing, it can make programs shorten but sometimes also hard to troubleshoot.
On siemens you have to do indirect addressing on STL or SCL language, so it also make thing little bit harder.

If this exercise is made for learning indirect addressing, then of course it should made by that. Otherwise I would think doing it on ladder without indirect addrssing.

For starting you should save pb sequence for 5 different words. (save to consecutive DB/MW words, it is then easier to change later to indirect addressing if you want.)

First make one shot pulse from pushbuttons. Then save pusbutton order to these five words. (if 1st word value is 0, then save 1st button value to word,if 1st word have allready value then save to second and so on.)

After this you need your start/stop with one pushbutton or motors are stopped when all motors are runned some time.

If you search one button start/stop from forum, there is dozens way for do this. Also there is some example's for this at download section. It is one of most searched topics ;)

Final goal is to compare saved pusbutton values and start motors with delays (you need 4 different timers for delays)

When all motors are started and all motors are runned, clear saved pushbuttons values (put zeros to words) so that you can made new order for next time.

After this show what you have allready done, and forum members can give more hints if you still have some problems with code.

thanks a lot Lare
first ,i work recently on LSIS PLC with a programming software called XG5000 ,I know it's uncommon but really simple and handy piece of work.
so,about indirect addressing ,it actually exist within ladder programing in LSIS software.
for example:
when you put "#" before the data register number,then the value of that data register indicates the address of the required data
"check the attached image "

also,about my program,well...I tried your way,and i think it's working
but the ladder program would be so very big and boring ,specially if the number of inputs increased
so,i think if some-how i could use pointers/indirect addressing,it would save alot of programming time and effort
thanks

indirect1.jpg

also,about my program,well...I tried your way,and i think it's working
but the ladder program would be so very big and boring ,specially if the number of inputs increased
so,i think if some-how i could use pointers/indirect addressing,it would save alot of programming time and effort
thanks

On Siemens it goes harder because first you need to know how to do stl-coding.
On same time which you spent to learn indirect addressing, you have allready coded with ladder.

But take a look to: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=3184, there is basic principle of indirect addressing at siemens.

Because siemens uses data and bit memory on same address, also indirect addressing can have two different meanings/typings.
First 8 bits of indirect address points to bit memorys (x.0..x.7) and bits above this to words.
Indirect address uses double integer variable, and if you want it to point to like 4th word, then you need to multiple four with 8 (or SLD3). Otherwise index points to 4th bit, not to 4 th word.

Anyway L D[AR2,P#0.0] knows much more of siemens' STL than me.

SCL can be more effisient than STL, but for it you need to buy seperate siemens license and installation disk for step7. (Siemens professional package)

There is no need for indirect addressing.
Make each of the "Motor Select" buttons toggle a motor enable bool.
Then have the master "Motor Run" button toggle a run command bool.

The run command bool just feeds logical power to 5 branches with the motor enable outputs driving the actual physical outputs.

Ahhh, no.. missed that part :)
Well, in that case, use a FIFO to shift in the numbers of the motors selected, then shift them out after the run button is pressed based on a timer.