Need help on Seimens plc

profiplc

Hi All,

I'm new to the seimens simatic plc and profibus.
I have to create a profibus master,by using simatic c7-635 touch,usb-prommer,mpi adapter,sitop powersupply.

I don't have any idea about the step7,and the hardware i mentioned above.

Please guide me..

Thanks.

It cannot be explained in a few words.

I think you should study the following on your own initiative:
  • Programming with STEP7.
  • Setting up a PLC hardware configuration with STEP7.
  • Profibus in general.
  • Setting up a profibus network with STEP7 Hardware Configurator.
When you have a reasonable grasp of the above, you can start thinking about your project.

The C7-635 is a bit special, so here is a link to the manual:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/11559312
Be warned that the C7-635 is totally obsolete, and it is a very bad idea to start a new project based on this PLC. For training it may be OK.