need help programing siemens plc for my project!

nathan73

Hi people.

I am from australia. Doing a plc course using siemens plc"s .
Got given a task to design a pump cycle using two motors etc. The format just needs to be in ladder then we send the program to the plc and run it on our test station.

20160517_172203.jpg

I'll help, what you need to do is write the PLC code as set out by the teacher. You wouldn't be doing the PLC class if we did it for you, we would be doing the PLC course.
Start the software and learn how to operate it. When you get stuck writing the code, ZIP and post your attempt then someone will help you to get it to work.
What would you learn if we did it for you to pass the course, think about that, how would you go when you want to get a job and have to program like what is written in the course, down the road you would go.

nathan73,

your instructions are written out.

I would assign I/o to the project and even draw an electrical schematic (that's me)

start programming, when you can go no further, zip the file (forum rules and attach it)

we will then offer hints and suggestions for you, but NO ONE will do your homework for you. It will do you no good for us to do the project for you and then you get a job and not know a thing. That puts a bad reputation for your school and yourself. Not being rude, but everyone on this forum has started out where you are now.

I'm sorry, I don't know siemens, but the process is the same for any project.

regards,
james

Hi nathan,
First of all you select hardware list.Second you select input and output from hardware.Select the software which you use.i suggest the Simatic Manager.It is use for S7 300 plc.Then you write down I/O in symbols table and put the name.You will send me hardware list. i will try to make this project.sorry for mistake because my english is not good.thanks
Faisal Rasool.

The only time I see in the original task sheet is 1min and yet you have 1sec and 10sec timers in your program. There is also no mention of a start signal.

The sheet also says nothing about how long maintenance is done for. Would this also be 1 minute? "Once maintenance is done the pumps go to standby"
Unless i missed something.

I timed the motor for run time of 10 sec as i didnt want to wait 1min on the test bench for it to go into maintenance mode. The 1 sec timers are for the flashing light while it is in maintenamce mode. It is not in maintenance mode for a designated time . It just comes out of maintenance mode with a P.B which is how it should be, why would you have a time for maintenance if you do not know how long the work will take on the pump.

This program was performed on a test station in class using lights and P.B"s to activate pumps