Need help with Hall Effect Flow meter

Adriel

Hello guys, I need some help. I read all the old posts on hall effect sensors but none dealt with my module.

The system uses a Gemco 194761 RFO flow meter to be connected to an old PLC5/20 with a 1771-CFM Configurable flow meter module.

The voltage range of the sensor is 4.5 to 24 VDC. The output is a Pulsed DC of whatever voltage applied to the three wire device..... +, -, and output. Internal Jumpers on 1771-CFM are set for 12 - 40 Volts

I understand I need to connect the supply voltage to the device but I am at a loss to figure out what to connect to the CFM to read the signal. The white wire from the device is the output but I am having difficulty figuring out which terminal on the wiring arm to connect the common.

If I understand correctly, the white output wire goes to terminal 12 with 9 and 11 jumpered. But where does the - get connected to the wiring arm? Does it go to 11 as in the drawing provided ??

Is there something else I need to connect to the wiring arm besides the signal common?

Included some images of documentation and a link to the AB Module documentation.

I hope I didn't make a mess of this post and made it difficult for you to figure out what I am asking- Sorry if am. Thank you in advance or taking time to help. I admit I am feeling a bit dumb here.. It should be simple enough considering everything else I have done.....

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1771-um099_-en-p.pdf

IMG_5293.jpg 1771-cfm-wiring-arm.jpg 1771-cfm-wiring-arm2.jpg

Last edited:
Well I was right, and no need for a pull up resister. Sometimes I read too much I think. It really is pretty straight forward with this meter.