need help with program to load cement truck

ROD MORONEY

hi, my name is rod. I have just started studying plc ladder design.

i have attached 3 pages. Of which pages 1 & 2 are the information given, and page 3 is part of the ladder diagram i have designed. I was unable to download the full diagram as it is too big for the upload.

Do you think it will work ? Does it look OK ?

We are supposed to test it on out own plc, but there are none where I work, so could someone help me with
this circuit please?
A truck has to be in position by breaking 3 photo beam contacts to operate an internal relay Mo.

I have drawn these as AND (in series ) normally open, so that when all 3 beams have been broken they will close circuit to relay and energise it to load the chute ?

the weight selector input ( X5 ) is a rising edge pulse to activate the selector when the truck is in position. I am not sure if this is the correct input ? can anybody help pleae ?

I would really appreciate it, thank you.

Last edited:
ROD,

The first thing I see is Y1 is used as an output twice. Whenever this happens in the real (plc) world the last condition wins regardless of state.
ladderdrgwcir.jpg