Need help with "Search" code, Red Lion/Crimson 3.

jfls45

I'm trying to add a feature that will search for a floating number in an index of recipes. I don't see any Function References allowing me to do this.

I want to be able to type in the number I'm looking for and have it search for this number and display it.

Hoping one of you Red Lion gurus will have some help for me.

Thanks

JFLS45

My current page is setup as follows:

2.000 x .250 (this line is highlighted)
x.xxx .xxx
x.xxx .xxx

I can scroll up and down this list but am wanting to setup a search feature where I can type in values I am looking for and have it automatically highlight the values in the list.

Hoping one of you Red Lion gurus will be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks

JFLS45

I realize this is simplified, but hopefully it will put in the the right direction.

Assume the list is an array.
Code:
for(i=0, i< listsize, i++) {
      If (list(i)==SearchValue) break;
}
i will be the array index to the matching value in the list. If i is listsize then the end of the list was reached.

Last edited:
I know its been awhile since you posted your reply. I am just now revisiting this project. I tried using the code as you wrote it but of course some changes were necessary. It didn't like the list function, said it was unknown.