Need PLC5 metal Key 1785-Lb20 etc

bryonc1213

AB PLC5 1785-LB 20 Etc PLC Processor came without the metal programming key and may have to go a lock smith or other option put in a 3PDT switch. No PN in the manual or on the Literature site.

Anyone know the PN or where I can get the key for the 3 position control Key or the identifying numbers, used to change modes I.e. Run, remote, program?

Next to nothing on the control switch other then the electrical ratings.
Went through all my keys already no spare for this particular controller.

do you have any other PLC-5 processors in your plant? ... as far as I know, they all take the same key ...

ask your distributor (the PLC guy - NOT the sales clerks) ... I used to work for a distributor and we had plenty of them just rattling around in desk drawers ...

if all else fails, send me your address and I'll put one in the mail for you ... (free) ...

It's called an A126 key.

I agree that your distributor or local A-B office "PLC Guy" has a half-dozen rattling around in his desk.

well thier in lies the problem not in a plant enviroment been some time
out on the road this Do field service on medical equipment. this is another pet project, stuff for fun :>) These days so purchased some racks and some PLC 5 stuff.

Not around distributors except for some random events once in a great while :>) if you have a spare key i will gladly accept one as once said by a great hamburger lover I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today"

by the way - what position is the key switch already in? ...

if it's REM (Remote) then you can get started without the key ... just change the mode from the RSLogix5 programming software ... in fact, in most cases you'll never even need the key at all - as long as it's already set to the REM position ...

EDIT: well, give me a mailing address and it's on the way ...

Last edited:
since I'm from South Carolina, it's normally pronounced BU-fort ...

my wife is from North Carolina, so I'm used to being called BO-fort when we visit up there ...

and truth be known, I've been called quite a number of things over the years ...

since I'm from South Carolina, it's normally pronounced BU-fort ...

my wife is from North Carolina, so I'm used to being called BO-fort when we visit up there ...

and truth be known, I've been called quite a number of things over the years ...

I'm from SC, but live in NC, so I just had to ask...