Need recomendation for affordable plc

plc_newb42

Hello all,
I am wanting to do a project using real time clock function
to control lighting. I would only need four to six outputs.
I am familiar with ladder programming so I would like to use
a plc that uses ladder logic. Since this is for home use can anyone suggest an affordable plc?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The AB gang came around the plant today with the 810 in a demo case. It and the software look nice. Price is great. A real competition for AD's low end stuff.

I called.... they told me that it SHOULD be released the end of the month, but I heard that before :)

The nearly 1 gigabit zipped download of the free software turned me off to them right off the bat. If it weren't for my bad experiences with Factory Talk, I would have probably downloaded it. I don't need any PC interruptions at work right now though.

Rumors of problems with the 850 don't help my gut feeling either. I have not used the Click, but it looks slick and I have messed with the software. I have only dealt with one machine using a DL05. It was worry free and rugged.

One day when I am all caught up at work, I may download the software and give it a peek. I will have to carry it home on a thumb drive though, since that single download here would be 20% of my monthly bandwidth limit.

I think this is what I would consider for home automation:

http://www.galilmc.com/products/plc.php

I have pondered home automation many times, as I am sure most of you have, and it always seemed very analog intensive when I started what-iffing.

Last edited:
I started the download and came back the next day and it was there :)

I don't care that much for AD's DirectSoft software, I have wrote a lot of programs using it and it still gives me heart burn....

I do like the Click software.... easy, fast and free, the PLC's are also a very good price I think it would be great for home projects

Hello all,
Need recomendation for affordable plc

Send me a detailed analysis of your economic condition which includes all income and expenses for the last 3 years so that I can get a "feel" for what is affordable for you.
Anyway this is how our gov'ment would do it. :)

You called the distributor? If the software is already available for download so i would be surprise if they do not have the hardware ready.....o_O

Well I guess you are suprised.... šŸ™ƒ

The hardware will be ready to order next week