Need simple setpoint device for room temp

LMDAVE

I'm surprise what I'm looking for is giving me trouble, but it's basically a device like a thermostat to feed the setpoint to a PLC without the need of sensing temperature.

I already have a Vaisala transmitter monitoring temp and humidity in the room. The user just wants to set the setpoint.

I just want a simple LED device with an up and down buttons that basically outputs 4-20mA of the number selected. No ON/OFF relays, no input device, just a simple setpoint control panel, so they can set the room temp.

Anything I come across is way too complex for this application.

I need a value to set the setpoint, not a dig input to say I need cooling. Its just a basic PID controlling room temp from the VAISALA to a johnson controller. I just want to be able to set the setpoint from a remote location without having an HMI station.

What kind of PLC? Is the PID control done in the PLC? There are a bunch of ways to do it.
The setpoint could be related to an analog input, something like a potentiometer feeding into a DC volt input. Just relate the input to a scaled integer register going to the PID control block. How you will display the setpoint could be a process voltmeter that can be scaled the same as what you would do in the PLC. You would need a power source like 10vdc, a pot something like 5 or 10k ohms, a digital scalable volt meter that needs a power source (24vdc, 120vac?). I would look at a small HMI that could be the same cost without much messing around.

Yes, that's all I want is like a potentiometer setting the setpoint but it has to be digital, not a pot. The PID is already set, the transmitter is the PV, the controller has a setpoint already. I just want to use one of my analog inputs to have a remote device set the setpoint.

something that would look like this: (the omega unit only has relay outputs)

CN142_m.jpg

but I dont' want temp input on it, I just want it to be able to adjust a number (say 0-100), and have that number scaled 4-20ma and sent to an analog input. Just a simple LED device to set a value to a PLC.

http://******/1yT9xbm

Beka has device like that or you can build your own with couple resistors, pot and display :)

Boneless, I think those are display unit reading a value.

RDS, that is close since it's used to control speed I could have made it for setpoint, but the connetions looking dedicated for a VFD.

I decided to go with what I used in the past for this. It senses Temp and humidity and allows you to set the setpoint for each, and outputs all four: temp value, humidity value, temp setpoint, and humidity tempoint. I really just wanted to do a temp setpoint and that's it, but I'll use this since it is going in a clean room enviornment anyway.

http://www.veris.com/Item/HT2NAS0.aspx

You can set an analogue output on them to.

The piece you picked is pretty pricey as well, why not go with a small HMI?

Because the VAISALA temp humidity transmitter I was going to have in that room is well over $1000, I'm going to drop installing that transmitter and use this VERIS for everything now. So, actually I'm saving money.

Get google to search for XTR105.
Use one to get a temperature to 4/20 mA
use another one also to read same temperature, however now the Pt100 is in a wetted sock this will give you the wet bulb temperature (with some calcs you can get the RH.
and use a 3 to have a potmeter set
when using a potmeter of 25 ohms and a resistor of 100 ohms
you will have a homemade thermostat for around 25 euro (and still very precise better as 0.1 C.
1000 euro for a thing i can make for 50 bucks.