Netpro Siemens Step 7

Hi
Can anybody please explain how I can export the connections from Netpro and import to another project but I require only the connections nothing else.
Thanks

I guess that you can use in NetPro from the menu Edit .. Export and then Edit .. Import.

If that is not what you need, then describe what you want to do in more details.

Hi Jesper

The Export and Import method does not work I only need to “copy and paste” the CPU connections from one project to another.

I have attached a screen shot hopefully this will explain my question.

Capture.JPG

Or is this a case where you have one big plant where for some reason it has been split into several projects ?
If that is the case, I think that you should consider to merge it into one project. Eventually you can use "multiprojects" where several can work on the same project (which I dont have any experience with).

If it is in reality the same project, why cant you just copy the whole project ?

Explain it a bit more.

Hi Jesper

Perhaps my screen shot was not the best example. When we replace “Upgrade” to a bigger CPU we need to enter all the connections from scratch again. So I was looking for a quicker way of moving the connections from the old project to the new one.
Willem

Unfortunately one cannot just select the connections and do a copy-paste.
This is really an omission in NetPros functionality.

If the new CPU is in the same "kind" as the old one, only more powerful, you can in the hardware configuration drag the new CPU from the hardware catalog and drop it onto the the new CPU. In this way the hardware configuration will be kept unchanged (apart from the CPU), and the connections will be kept.
Examples:
A 315-2PN/DP can be replaced by a 317-2PN/DP in this way.
A 313C-2DP cannot be replaced by a 314C-2PN/DP due to different interfaces.