new begginer..help

Carder

hi all
first post ..i came accross a panelview plus 1250 from a sewage works..is there any to format it or take it back to windows ce 4.1..i eas going to try to use it to control my hobby cnc router...t.i.a

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Take a careful look at the logic module on the back of the terminal and post the exact part number (e.g. 2711P-RP1) and any firmware or revision information.

Some of the PV+ terminals have a basic CE desktop, and you just need to prevent FactoryTalk View ME from starting up on boot. They were typically labeled "PanelView Plus CE".

But most don't have that desktop access: FTView ME and its configuration menus are the only things that the user can access.

That is the assembled terminal part number, including the touchscreen and the logic module.

2711P-K12C4D1

K12 = keypad, 12" display
C = Color
4 = Ethernet, RS-232, USB
D = 24V DC power
1 = PV+ Logic Module, 64 MB

That label indicates that it is an early model terminal (as old as 2003), with the smallest amount of memory available.

While it's possible it was upgraded at some point, the label indicates that it has only PV+ features (final digit = 1 or 2), and doesn't support Windows CE desktop access (final digit = 6 or 7).