NEW Compact Logix 1769 l24er qb1b controller and how to setup

backendcode

Hello Everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank you for everyone who helped me in the previous post and this platform is really helpful for people like me who just started working on real world application using PLC and have no previous experience other than school.

This is my first time working on the new controller and As I know, New Controller comes with firmware V 1.00 and I needed to flash the firmware and I also have to make sure my RSLOGIX 5000 software version should match with firmware version in the controller to download the project.

So my question is Can I just connect my A to B USB cable and update the firmware and gets online on PLC to download the program and make changes?

Because I am not very comfortable with assigning IP or set up ethernet and this is only one PLC we are going to get at our plant (Small plant and first automation project)

If I decide to just use USB cable, will it work like plug and play? or do i still need to setup some kind of IP to make it work and get online?

Thank you

You can use USB or Ethernet to load the runtime firmware into the controller.

The communication driver software is called "RSLinx Classic", and it should be installed along with your Studio 5000 software.

When you plug your computer into the controller over USB, the RSLinx USB driver automatically installs and creates an instance of the driver.

I recommend right-clicking on the controller in the RSLinx browse and selecting Module Configuration, then setting up an IP address. It's a lot easier to communicate with a machine with a 10-meter Ethernet cable than a 1-meter USB cable.

You can use USB or Ethernet to load the runtime firmware into the controller.

The communication driver software is called "RSLinx Classic", and it should be installed along with your Studio 5000 software.

When you plug your computer into the controller over USB, the RSLinx USB driver automatically installs and creates an instance of the driver.

I recommend right-clicking on the controller in the RSLinx browse and selecting Module Configuration, then setting up an IP address. It's a lot easier to communicate with a machine with a 10-meter Ethernet cable than a 1-meter USB cable.

Awesome, Our maintenance guy still installing the control panel and hopefully they will get it done soon so I can get online and start programming!

I am super excited about it because my company don't have anyone and If i am able to finish this project, I will be the man who will run the show :)

Thanks again