New to Ultra 3000, I need help getting started

gkinslow

I have a new project that I have started where the customer has me using an Ultra 3000 servo drive, 2098-DSD-005 I believe is the part# with a TL series motor. I'm using a CL5000 PLC. All the motor is doing is the opereator presses start and we start spinning a container at a slow and controlled rate of speed for about 1 minuit, then stop. This is really basic of the whole machine but in a nut shell this is what the servo and motor is doing. No position to be monitored, no speed adjustment, just start and stop. I have never used a servo controller before. I have used many AC and DC drives, but never a servo. I could use help getting this going. I was planning on using relays triggered by PLC outputs the initiate the run signal. I NEED HELP!

Thank you. I have Ultraware. I've just never used it before. I've downloaded an Ultraware user manual and several others dealing with the Ultra 3000. All of the reading material can get overwhelming what what I'm trying to do is so simple. I just thought I would ask for assistance because I know many times a brief conversation can get accomplished what hours of reading would. I have things going like I needed now. Thanks again for responding.