not PLC but MCC related

I've used a circuit like you describe in the past and if I recall, the designer had specified a mercury-wetted contactor whose drop out time dictated the reverse time.

The fact that he used a mercury contact tells me there's some big-time arcing happening here and a mechanical one won't hold up.

Incidently, when implemented with the proper components, this is a cheap-and-dirty way to stop small motors quickly. However, with today's gadgets, there's certainly better ways to do it.

Similar Topics

Hello, I want to ask about the MCC " Motor Control Centre", and how to connect it with PLC?
Replies
Views
Asking for a friend. His project has existing Siemens PLC. They are look for adding a MCC with DeviceNet and make it communicate with Siemens PLC...
Replies
Views
I have an anmeter which monitors current on a three phase motor that is a 4 to 20 mA transmitter which inputs into our AI card on a PLC. I would...
Replies
Views
GitHub Link: Open Industry Project This is a side project I've been working on for some time. The goal is to provide an open platform for...
Replies
Views
Dear All, Currently i'm working with Endress Hauser flowmeter and AB PLC and try to integrate with 2 items. Flow meter spec using is Promass...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom