Not Plc related, but it is engineering related

I should have thought about this a little more. Something in the numbers doesn't seem right. You are saying that a 2.5" long actuation arm is resulting in greater than 90 degrees of rotation. The only way to get less rotation out of a fixed stroke length is to make the arm longer. Our analysis would seem to indicate the arm should be shorter. These points don't seem to agree.

Are you confident with all the original numbers?

Keith

Looking at the picture it would be easier to limit the cylinder stroke, with a stop or cylinder modification, rather than attempting to calculate the lever radius required to give 90* shaft rotation.

Mill Control-Please explain why it wouldn't be arc length? Am I missing something?

The rod end C/L start and end points are 3 linear inches apart. It travels thru' an arc between those two points.

3"=D=arc length

It looks like it would be difficult to change the length of the pivot arm.

You have a threaded rod end and could easily fabricate something to shorten the cylinder travel that utilizes the threads on the rod end to make an adjustable cylinder stop. That linkage seems to be highly adjustable and I'd think you'd want your modifications to be just as adjustable.

Shawn