NPN flow meter into ML1100 HSC

vk_bt1

Hi all, I need to implement a flow meter via HSC in an existing machine. The flow meter provided is a hall effect NPN unit, which needs to connect to the HSC of an ML1100.

All the config and program mods are done, but the NPN flow meter is causing us an issue.... do we ...

A/ look at using a pull up resistor. Has anyone tried this with an ML1100 into HSC? did it work reliably?

B/ Buy a solid state NPN to PNP converter

C/ Does the ML accept both PNP or NPN inputs if they are done in banks using the same common (like with an S7-200) don't flame me too much here, I know I should read up on this, but it's late and I need some seep 8)

Application calls for measurement in LPS, and overall Liters currently batched, which is all simple enough so long as the count is accurate.

Thanks.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm leaning towards an I/O shuffle and rewiring I:0/0 to I:0/3 in npn configuration.

Out of curiousity though, has anyone actually tried the pullup resistor method into a HSC? What value resistor, what were the results?

Thanks.