How I can change NPN to PNP solid state switch?

Steve-r

Hi to All,
How I can change NPN to PNP solid state switch?
Exapmle1: D-M9N Solid state switch with D-M9P
Exapmle2: or allen bradley p.e.c. type 42BA S2LNAE-A2 photo switch with PNP model
Just trying to learn if I can switch NPN with PNP sensor to existing PLC AB
Thank you

Last edited:
If this is because the PLC input changed from NPN to PNP then just unplug the old switch and hook up the new one. Make sure the output goes to the same wire.

If you only have a PNP switch and have to replace a NPN switch then disconnect the wire going to the PLC input and run it to the coil of a small relay. Then run a Common wire to the relay COM terminal and a wire from the relay N.O. terminal to the PLC input.

Welcome to the forum,

As stated above, you can use a relay to switch from NPN to PNP.
If you need fast switching, there are dedicated modules from different brands available to do this [$$$], or search for generic optocouplers on the net [$]