OB86 wont download

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
My PLC wont accept OB86,but the simulaor will

It is a 6ES7-315-2AG10-0AB0 /V2.0

OB86 is actually 'empty' of code. The config is basically about 8 i/o cards and a cpu

Any ideas? I am trying to detect hardware faults

Cheers

hello cjd;
What happens when you try to download OB86 to your real CPU?
Any error messages, system messages?
This would be very strange, as the diagnostic OBs are always accepted on every Siemens CPU. Even empty, they still serve an important purpose (they allow the bypass of a specific error situation so the CPU does not enter STOP mode on this error, and provide information on the source of the problem to the diagnostic buffer).
Please tell us more.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

I wont have access to the plc until after christms now. Other problem was some fc's wouldnt go but if i opened them and did them from the editor with no edits they would download...pain in the a$$

Hello

You can only download OB, SFCs and SFBs if your CPU supports them. You can have information from the manuals which OBs your CPU supports.

In this case your CPU doesnt support OB86 which means if you have a problem with your rack your CPU wouldnt be able to see it.

I am not sure but OB86 is for S7-400 series because S7-300s doesnt have an electronic backplane.