Octal and hexadecimal numbers

As I stated before READ

Simple answer: plc is a type of computer, which uses binary math ie base2, we(humans) use base10. It isnt easy to convert base10 to base2 for the computer/plc, it uses bits and bytes for storage. It is easier to convert to octal or hexadecimal.

now now

You didn't have to be touchy. I only asked! I am reading you see I'm READING YOUR REPLY. Thanks for the help anyway. I'm going to read but I thought I would try this marvellous invention called the internet first!

Similar Topics

I have a PLC 5 that I believe is networked through DH+ to the factories main network. I need to know the octal node so I can message the PLC 5...
Replies
Views
Partial disclaimer: I'm not the one programming the radios so everything is suspect. But I need to get the CLX eliminated as a problem. I will...
Replies
Views
Quick question. When using the CLX PLC/SLC Message Mapping to map files 0 (Output) and 1 (Input) to CLX Integer registers is it smart enough to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a system with 24 filters each with its own PLC5 on a DH+ network (actually 2 networks of 12). The filters are numbered 1 to 24 and the...
Replies
Views
Im busy building some test rigs for work. Learning SLC500 at the same time. Ive many I/O cards/racks/cpu's to test. See attached .doc file...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom