Oh look, it's another 1 button question (But I'm not asking you to do my homework)

Lancie1,
My sincerest apologies and respect.

Disclaimer....(C2H5OH) may have been involved in my post.

It should have read.."I tried a few examples and "I"could not get them to work. After I got frustrated on example 5, this is what I came up with."

In no way did I mean that the logic didn't work.

In the examples I tried, I got a non desired result or a rung that was not verifiable.
Most likely due to fat fingers and a "heightened state of enlightenment"

Regards
olsq
btw. I am working w/RSMicro stater lite and a ML1000(p/n 1761-L10BWA)

First picture: I:1/0 momentary pushbutton has been pressed and released. This operates Alternators 1 through 9. Pushbuttons I:3/0 through I:3/15 have been pressed and released. These operate Alternator Method 10, which creates alternators out of all outputs on word O:4.

Second picture: all buttons have been pressed and released for the second time. I have reason to believe that continued button pressing will result in repeated cycles, until the cows come home.

PS: You can call this a "flip-flop", but those who studied electronics know it is not really. A true flip-flop is a physical electronic device.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flip-flop_(electronics)

Alternator- First Press.jpg Alternator- Second Press.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I work Mon-Wed, so after talking to you guys here, I sent my work to my boss and left for the "weekend". Just got in today, and saw that he was happy with my analysis and solution. I just wanted to thank you all for your help, I really appreciate your feedback.