Old Gould AS-422-000 cable

dchristensen

I am looking to buy an obsolete Gould Modicon cable for the PC-085 PLC. The part number is AS-W422-000. I noticed there was some info back a couple years ago and referenced going to Delta-Control.com. That site doesn't appear to be there any more. Let me know if someone knows where to get one.
Thanks,
Dennis

Pc-0085

Hijrwb4gbm,

I have a customer with a PC-0085 and he has a cassette tape of the program. I am trying to find a way to print out the Ladder program so I can recreate the program in a New PLC.
I have found the SW-85 software and a the above company appears to still be selling a cable. I'm guessing with the cable I could upload the program from the PLC, save, bring it back to the office and print.
It looks like the PP-0105 programmer is the specific handheld unit, and may be what created the cassette, but my guess is I cannot print from that unit. I have found the AS-P190-212 programming terminals on ebay but I don't know if they are even compatible with the PC-0085. I'm open to any suggestions, THANKS!!
Jeff Beck

Is the PLC working now and where you can get access to it? I do have the software, a cable and a spare PC 085 to pull the program off an EPROM. If you have the PC085 available, and you can pull the EPROMS, and there are (2) of them, and can burn a copy of them, and then send them to me, I can pull the ladder off them here. If there is only 1 EPROM, this method won't work. The program is then only in battery backed RAM. If you are going to use the tape, you would need the PP 0105 to interface with the cassette player. The cable and software is the only way I know of to get the ladder into the computer, other than burning some EPROMs as I mentioned above. Of course if you wanted to send the PLC I would be glad to pull the program off it for you for free, then return the plc for shipping fees only. Perhaps if you have an old cassette player you could make a .wav file to use it on the computer as an additional backup. Unless the only accessable copy of the program is on the cassette tape, I would recommend staying away from that option. By the way, I have a PDF of the manual around here somewhere if that will help.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Thank you for the generous offer! I will let my boss know. I did find one manual online, but maybe yours different. This one is 198 pages long & starts with starts with;
NOTE
The PC-0085 has been shipped with a Final System Test Diagnostic in both Program and System Memory. The test is executed automatically at initial power up. If the system completes the diagnostic test satisfactorily, output 110 will go to the ON state 5 seconds after power is applied. The corresponding LED on the output module will light. This test may be accomplished at user incoming inspection, before physical installation, or at any time prior to loading the operational program.

Please feel free to send anything related to the PC0085 to [email protected] . I do very much appreciate your helpfulness! My boss is bidding this job, so I will be waiting to see if I move forward or not. If you ever run into Motorola MOSCAD or ACE questions I would be glad to return the favor!

Anyone know where to get the software?

Hello Everyone,

Great information up above. However, still trying to hunt down the software and the manual for the PC-0085.

From reading, the software appears to be SW-85. However, I can't find anywhere to purchase. Have found the communication cable and requested a quote. Hopefully available within a reasonable time frame.

Also, can't find any literature on the PC-0085 overall. Any help with these two items would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello Everyone,

Great information up above. However, still trying to hunt down the software and the manual for the PC-0085.

From reading, the software appears to be SW-85. However, I can't find anywhere to purchase. Have found the communication cable and requested a quote. Hopefully available within a reasonable time frame.

Also, can't find any literature on the PC-0085 overall. Any help with these two items would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I have a scanned PDF copy of the manual but although it's only 18 pages it is too big to attach to a message here (10 meg). I tried reducing the size but it's still 6 meg. Send me a private message or email and I'll be glad to send it to you.

Thank you for the generous offer! I will let my boss know. I did find one manual online, but maybe yours different. This one is 198 pages long & starts with starts with;
NOTE
The PC-0085 has been shipped with a Final System Test Diagnostic in both Program and System Memory. The test is executed automatically at initial power up. If the system completes the diagnostic test satisfactorily, output 110 will go to the ON state 5 seconds after power is applied. The corresponding LED on the output module will light. This test may be accomplished at user incoming inspection, before physical installation, or at any time prior to loading the operational program.

Please feel free to send anything related to the PC0085 to [email protected] . I do very much appreciate your helpfulness! My boss is bidding this job, so I will be waiting to see if I move forward or not. If you ever run into Motorola MOSCAD or ACE questions I would be glad to return the favor!

I tried sending the manual to you at the above email but it was bounced back. See message below.
I'll try again later or post a different email address.

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
[email protected]
The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's e-mail address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

@ cosinezero,
I have a spare PC-0085 and a Hand held programmer. Maybe I can help. What are you wanting to do? Are you trying to recover an existing program? Do you need it in ladder format? Are you making changes to an existing controller? Do you have any backup files in .wav format? The comm cable also has a dongle built-in and without it you can't get the software to work. I will be glad to help if I can.

@dogleg43, @jrwb4gbm

Guys, I appreciate the timely responses. Great to have support on this.

What's happening is that we have a PLC that has most likely lost the program - battery last replaced in '98. We would like to get it up and going with the original program, but can't get the original manufacturer of the machine to send it over. Odds are we'll replace it with a new PLC and end up reprogramming on a more modern platform.

Again, thank you guys for the replying.

Cheers

As you said with the battery nearly 19yrs old a lot could be wrong or missing. There is a remote possibility that the original program is stored on an EPROM in the plc. I have a copy of the manual in .pdf if that will help. I can upload it to a fileserver and PM you a link. I have everything needed to connect or program these old plcs. I am retired, have lots of spare time on my hands and will be glad to help any way I can.

any one know how to set up com protocols on Sw85 software for modicon pc0085? i have the software and the cable and a really old computer; I try different com protocols but still not have communication whit the plc. if any one knows how to make-it work I would really appreciate the information.
Thank you!