Old Omron RS232 communication to New WinCC v7

nicer

Good day experts!

There's an old WinCC system (v4 running on Windows NT) that includes Omron CPUs (SYSMAC C200HE CPU42) which communicates via RS232.

The WinCC PC station has 9-pins male RS232 port, has "Simatic WinCC OMRON C-Series Hostlink" on installed softwares and also has "OMRON C-SERIES HOSTLINK" on WinCC Tag Management (Driver).

Now I want to replace that old WinCC station. Do you think I can also have all of this on the newer PC and WinCC versions available today, say WinCC v7 on Windows 7? If not, what do you think could I do to communicate the said Omron on RS232 with WinCC v7?

Thanks for any response!

Similar Topics

Project involves updating a ~23 year old controller (C200HX CPU64). The HMI is a windows NT machine with the gui done with Delphi 5 (Pascal)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My name is Firdaus. I am a teacher. And for the next semester I have to teach PLC to student. The problem is, I just move to this school...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, Can someone advice what software do I need to open an old Omron CPU41 PLC project?
Replies
Views
I am learning mnemonic code for a Omron Sysmac S6 PLC. Is my code below right to get it like the picture? 000 LD 0 001 AND 1 002 OR 2 003 OUT...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been asked what is involved to upgrade and old CQM1-21 Omron PLC to a CJ2M. I have the old file with an extension of .cdm and searches...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom