Old Omron Sysmac Mini

cbuysse

We have an old Omron Sysmac Mini-SP-16 (photo attached) running a tin tag stamper. It appears the internal power supply has begun looking into buying farm property. Local suppliers have been of little assistance in getting us replacement parts. They have also been of little assistance in finding us software and cabling required for pulling up the program so that we could replace it with modern technology (which would be my preference).

Any help here would be appreciated. Anyone out there have experience or information that would tell me what cables I would need and where I could get them, and what software I would need and where I could get it?

As a last resort, if anyone knows of any available replacements, that would be of help as well.

Thanks.

Pinstamper Omron.jpg

Software link:
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?a...ay&section=download&do=confirm_download&id=82

As Markie posted above you really should use a very old computer (DOS) based 486 or older. Slowdos "might" work, I have no idea if it will or won't. You might also try making a bootdisk from bootdisk.com to try on a somewhat newer computer. Copy the MiniLSS software to the bootdisk. Chancs are the software will run but will not communicate.

Last edited:
Just a little bit more info. I have the software running on an old Dell Lattitude Pentium 133mhz running Windows98 2nd Edition without a runtime error. I really dont know if it will connect to the plc since I dont have one to try it on. On my Pentium4 at 1.5 ghz, a runtime error stops the software.

Update#2.
On my 1.5ghz pentium computer, I finally got the minilss.exe file to load without a runtime error. After playing around with slowdos.exe by using slow50.bat, I set the delay value at 30000. You may have to adjust this in the slow50.bat file. When you get ready to try this just start the program by clicking on the slow50.bat file instead of the minilss.exe file. I am attaching mini.zip that has the slowdos.exe and slow50.bat files included. I put all the files on a floppy, maybe that is helping to slow down the computer. I had to re-boot the computer each time I changed the slow50.bat value, probably a computer cache problem.

I appreciate the responses and the efforts guys, but it appears we were too late to save the patient. The power supply has given completely out and the unit will no longer power up.

Again - thanks for the work, it was far more than I expected. But then, that sort of thing seems to happen a lot on here.

Here is a free offer. No promises but if you want to box and send the PLC to me, I will try to patch it up enough to get the program out of the EEPROM for you.

I had one with a dead PSU as well. Fixed it by replaced the tiny 4.7uF 25v electrolytic capacitor at the top edge of the little vertical PCB on the PSU board.

Testing an SP10 now with MINILSS v1.2 on a Toshiba 480CDT laptop (Intel Pentium 233Mhz)

If I have the PC RS232 cable connected when the PLC powers-up - then it will not communicate (error msg: Couldn't read LR-sizes Communication time out).

If I power-up the PLC with the PC RS232 cable disconnected, and then plug-in after the PLC has started - it communicates ok.