Olympics

BobB said:
I hate the fact that they are nearly always in the northern hemisphere and at bad times for most of us in Ozz. All the finals etc start at 1AM in the morning and continue on. Very tiring.

Can't you record the Olympics or don't the TV stations pre record the events for you. I see only 3 hours a night between 8 and 11 pm PST, which is prime time. I doubt the events are conveniently scheduled so that I can view them during our prime time.

As for Hamm, the mark of a winner is one that doesn't give up. However, he needed a lot of screw ups from the competition to get the gold. It was almost like no one wanted the gold for a round or two.
That must have been tough mentally for those guys too. So many of the gymnasts were so close to the gold at one point or another.

BobB said:
I was quite chuffed when I heard that.

Chuffed? Not a term I am familiar with, I assume it means proud? :D

Or does it mean P.O'd because the IOC stoll your ideas? :mad:

cheers mate

Yep, 'chuffed' does indeed mean proud, as Bob should be.

I have been resisting the temptation to join in with this topic, mainly because of team GB's lack of medals at the moment.

We have finally won our first gold medal!!! In sailing, although we won't be presented with the medal until the event is officially over.

Brittania still rules the waves!!!!!

I would also say well done to our badminton mixed doubles team, Gail Emms and Nathan Robertson, who lost in the final today, thus getting the silver medal. They done well to get that far and push the Chinese pair right to the wire. Just for the record, the Chinese pair were the defending champions, and the Chinese lady, Jun Zhang, is the reigning womens singles champ.

Paul

Originally posted by Peter Nachtway
Can't you record the Olympics or don't the TV stations pre record the events for you. I see only 3 hours a night between 8 and 11 pm PST, which is prime time. I doubt the events are conveniently scheduled so that I can view them during our prime time.

I do prefer to see it live. By the way, NBC recorded everything in Sydney and showed virtually none of it live.

Originally posted by Paul Lucas
Brittania still rules the waves!!!!!

I just watched your K1 man rule the waves!!! Nearly drowned. So did the Ozzie by the way.

I guess the north Americans will never get used to the Pom and Aussie slang. As we will never get used to theirs.

Originally posted by allscott
Or does it mean P.O'd because the IOC stoll your ideas?

Yep. Chuffed means proud and I am not P.O'd because they stole my ideas. They paid for them, quite handsomely.