Omron CJ1M on Ethernet using Digi-One IAP

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an Omron CJ1M that I would like to be able to read and write to from a C-More HMI over an existing ethernet network. I have a ton of IAPs and ENI adapters on the network that I've used to connect Allen Bradley SLC 503s and Micrologix 1100s to the network.

I have the Omron PLC connected to an IAP and can connect to it using CX Programmer over the network using RealPort. From what I can see, there are no Omron ethernet comm drivers to allow me to connect to the PLC like I do with the Allen Bradley PLCs (RSLinx has Ethernet drivers). Is this correct?

Is there a way to get the C-More communicating with the CJ1M using the C-More's ethernet port,or do I have to use another IAP and set up a serial bridge?

CPU12

All ethernet-capable c-mores share the same communications capabilities, but I'm experimenting with a EA7-T6C

Last edited:
Take a look in help file of Cmore. PLC's setup -> Omron PLCs Setup -> Omron CS/CJ FINS Ethenet. Setup is very similar to CJ1M.

You dont have to do messaging communication in the CJ1M. The HMI initiate the communication.

Try isolate network first then put it on your network.

hope it will help