Omron CJM1 vs CQM1

CJ1M is newer than CQM1.
CQM1 was introduced in the early 1990s.
It was based on C200H platform (C Series PLCs).
The CJ1 family was released in ~ 2002, and has gone through several versions (original, V2, V3, and now V4).
The CJ1 family (CJ1M, CJ1G, CJ1H) are MUCH more capable and versatile processors.
They are faster, have more memory, on board comment storage, many more communications options, more IO options, same instruction set as CS1, CP1H, and other current Omron processors.
The CJ1G and CJ1H can have expansion racks, although the CJ1M cannot.

Are you looking at upgrading, or a new project?

If the IO modules that are on the CJ1M fit your needs, could be a good upgrade.
If you can identify the type of CQM1 (ie CQM1-CPU43 or CQM1H-CPU51), as well as any plug in boards (for CQM1H only, such as high speed counter, serial comms, analog), and the attached IO modules to the CQM1, I can help determine how difficult the conversion would be.