Omron CP1E Ethernet (TCP/IP) communication

karthiknd7

Hi,

I need to communicate omron CP1E PLC with SCADA to get the status of the machine. There is no etherent port available but an empty expansion slot is available in the PLC.

In the manual, it is mentioned that "cp1w-cif41" Ethernet expansion module can be used for FINS/TCP communication.

My concern is, if i purchase this add-on module and install in the PLC, is it possible to communicate PLC with the SCADA via TCP/IP to monitor the data's of the PLC.

Note: using Ignition SCADA doesnt have FINS/TCP. It has only TCP driver and Omron NJ driver.

Kindly suggest. Thanks in advance

Similar Topics

Hello. I have a problem with omron sysmac cp1e controller delayed start. The controller has been working on the punch press since 2016. Recently...
Replies
Views
Hello... I remove one CP1E from old useless machine and I would like to use it with something else....but it is locked/have no pass/....How can I...
Replies
Views
hi all i have used a real time clock to turn on a bit after 1 month. the plc was off for this whole month and when i turned on the plc after a...
Replies
Views
We had a CP1E go bad (power issue). Installed spare and could not get it to communicate to our motion drive via add on RS485 card. Tried...
Replies
Views
Good day, Im just a beginner to intermediate PLC programmer.. Im not familiar with data manipulation.. I have a W1 & W2 data.. W1= 03 (#3033)...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom