OMRON CP1L and NS5-SQ10-V2

bayeibrahima

Hello to all
An omron NS5-SQ10-V2 is connected to CP1L plc.
An output of the plc was not responding although the corresponding led output is toggling when i send command (manual) through the NS panel
I open the plc to see if there's not a fuse which would be probably blown,but all seem to be ok.I assemble the plc and mounted it in the cabinet and tried again the same operations (through the NS screen) and the default remained
Three days after, I came back in order to connect with plc and computer to follow what is happening online.
When I power ON the cabinet, i was surprised to see that the NS screen after start up process displays the prompt " CONNECTING" and stop there.
I tighten DB9 connectors in both side (plc and NS screen) and power again, but I always have the same message "CONNECTING"
Can someone help me please and tell me what is wrong?
Hope to read you soon
Best regards

The "connecting" message means the NS5 is try to connect to the CP1L but is not able to find it. That means that the RS-232 serial communication is not working. It could be the PLC plug-in module, the cable, or the NS5 serial port. About the only way to find out is to try to connect to those ports with a PC equipped with RS-232 to see if you can isolate the problem. Remember that Omron RS-232 connector pinout is not the same as the PC so you will need the correct cable.

Hello Mendonsy
Thank you for your reply
Last time while connecting with an USB/DB9 cable i used the serial port of the plc and put the dipswich N°4 and N°5 at ON thinking ( I was wrong unfortunately)that this will allow the plc to connect with a pc and I forgot to turn back the dipswitch at their initial position
Today I remember about dipswitches and now the NS is connecting with plc very well
My problem with the plc is that 2 of its output don't toggle when forcing them ON to OFF, and I noticed if I connect elctrovalve on them the 24V go off; and if I disconnect it the 24V is present
My idea is to connect with plc and change the adresses with two other free ones to see.
I use CX Programmer 9.0 and a commercial USB cable with XP SP3 on Virtualbox.
Tommorow I'll try it and let you know
Thanks for your help

Hello
I finally connected to the plc and changed the adress of the defaulted ouput (102.04 to 103.07), when compiled it shows 0 errors and 2 warnings and dowloading to plc i get the message on attached file
I don't understand why this happens because i haven't changed any INSTRUCTION.I've changed only the adress
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Best regards

ERROR SNAPSHOT.jpg