Omron cqm1 cpu45-v1 problem

Kareemhammad

Hello
So we have an orange sizer that uses omron cqm1 cpu-45 the problem is the sizer was stored for so long and there is a chance the plc was dropped or hit several times
So now my boss wants it to work again i connected everything appropriately the mechanic parts work perfectly the problem is in the plc and the computer
The computer says no plc connected and the plc has a led called com2 where the rs232 connected to the computer and it's not on it's always off i'm sure i connected the rs232 correctly as the manual says
Anyone could help me find the problem to make the com2 led on!!!!!?
Thank you

Make sure you are using the correct cable.
The Omron 9 pin is not a standard pinout.
Also check the DIP switches on the cpu.
Please see attachments.

CQM1_DipSwitch.jpg

Attachments

• GTC99CC.pdf
    8.5 KB · Views: 11
It's also work mentioning that the CQM1 is particularly sensitive about working with USB/serial adapters. It is best to use a built in COM port on the PC or an expresscard RS232 adapter.

Oh i forgot to tell you there is a screen connected to the omron cpu and it's broken is it a problem or i could work without it ???