Omron CQM1H-CPU51 Data Backup

parrishpc

Hi all
I have a Omron CQM1H-CPU51 and it has bad com port so I need to change it out I am not that fimilar with this pcl I do see that there is a memory module for this PCL can I install one of these cards and backup the data to it and then restore to the new PLC?
And if so what card would I need to do this?

What do you mean by a "bad comm port"?

This plc has both a peripheral port and a DB9 serial port.

This unit will connect to the peripheral port,
part number CPM1-EMU01-V1.
This will also require part number EEPROM-CPM1-EMU01 (chip)
and an adapter cable part number CS1W-CN114.

Per the catalog the above will allow you to download the program and memory data to the chip.

You could also use the DB9 port and back up with software.

Or you could add a CQM1H-SCB41 unit to the cpu and back up with software.

Hope this will help.

CQM1H-CPU51 Data Backup

Thanks for the reply I have been gone a few days. Actually the peripheral port will not communicate I have a CMP1-CIF01 with a CS1W-CN114 we have replaced the CMP1-CIF01 with a new one, this stopped communicating after a lighting strike and took out some other equipment so I assume that the CQM1H-CPU51 is bad I would like to backup the data and replace the CQM1H-CPU51 and restore the data what would be the best way to accomplish this.
Thanks Again

Are you currently using the DB9 port on the cpu?

This would be the easiest thing to try.

One thing to keep in mind, this is not a "standard" pin out!

What cable are you using with the CPM1-CIF01?
That would also require the correct cable.

The DB9 port on the cpu is connected to the lcd control pannel the cable I am using is not the standard pin out I made one up per directions and tested it.
Thanks Again

Here is something you can try.

Disconnect the LCD panel from the DB9.
Check the Dip Switch settings on the cpu.
If you turn dip switch 5 ON and cycle power, it will be configured for standard communication.

You should be able to use your cable to connect to the DB9 port and back up the program.

CQM1H_Dip_Switch.jpg

Hello. I have the CQM1H-CPU21 and I tried to conect trough Rs232 cable to a desktop pc and i can´t establish comunication PLC PC. the led of "COMM" in PLC blinks but the PC don´t recognize the PLC. I have installed the CX Programmer from Omron but don´t esthablish comunication with PLC. Also I connected it a laptop with a RS232 to USb cable but in this case the led of "COMM" in PLC doesn´t even blinks. I¨d changhe the dip switch and did all that i should did but the PC still don´t recognize my PLC. What I must to do?

ok let me try this configuration of cable. But the pin 1 at IBM PC/AT female has a elipse. what it means?

1. You must have an OMRON or Profilic (works fine with OMRON) USB to serial adapter (if your laptop doesn't have a RS232 port).
2. Find in OMRON manuals pinout of HostLink cable RS232-RS232 and make that cable (gtsuport showed you a pinout)
3. Connect to a PLC.