Omron device net delay startup CJ1W-DRM21

Tommycai

CJ2M-CPU33 with CJ1W-DRM21 device net to stanley nutrunners

I am having trouble when starting up the machine (Initial Power to everything) the device net card (CJ1W-DRM21) does not find the nutrunners and the MS LED will be green but the NS LED will be red. After stanely nutrunners are booted up. I can turn off just the PLC (By physically turning off switch in back of panel and back on), turn it back on and then the nutrunners are fine and all LEDs are green?

Is there a delay or something I can set in the card? I tried writing a 1 to 1525.01 to clear and then a 1525.00 to enable, but that seems to delete all the settings in the integrator???

1525.01 (assuming the DRM21 is unit 1) will clear the Scan list.
That is why you are losing the Integrator information.

I would try the following:
1525.04 will stop Remote I/O communications.

1525.02 will start Remote I/O communications.

This sequence should solve the issue.

See manual W380 for additional information.

Yes the card is in slot 0 1525 is the address I tried doing that by writing to 1525.4 if the nutrunner (on devicenet) is not getting the signal ready to run. and then setting the 1525.2 below it if 1525.4 is on. I'm sorry to say that this did not work. I did find the manual thanks for that.

Does not matter which slot the card is in it is the address on the rotary switch that determines the address you use to stop and start. The rotary switch could be set at 0, 1, 2, 3 or others. The setting of 1 referred to by gtsupport is the address of the rotary switch. If that is not set to 1 then a different address in the PLC will need to be used to stop and start.