Omron-Indirect Addressing

orangektlee

hi every1,

I am using Omron CS-series PLC at working.
I would like to know how to use indirect address to refer to a bit.

I know what indirect addressing is.
I just want to know the format.

Can someone tell me if the following format is right??
W(@D1).(@D2)

I'm thinking old school again....

@D1 is used to indirectly address in binary.

*D1 is used to indirectly address in BCD.

The above is true for CS series PLC's.

@D1 is indirect address to a word.
It wastes too much space.
Is there anyway to just refer to a BIT in omron?
I know how to do it in AB but I am not fimilar with omron.

I am not sure have you get an answer for your question, but this is how it works:
You have to IR addresses (IR0 to IR15).
Normally write start address with MOVR instruction (MOVR 10.00 IR0).
Then use ,IR0 as an indirect reference (LD ,IR0).

You can use offset +32,IR0 (this means 12.00 in this case).
You can use autoincrement or -decrement , IR0++; after execution ir0=10.02.
Also DR addresses can be used as an offset DR0,IR0.

You can use all memory areas W, H, D, T, C.
Same IR address can be used as many times as needed.

Hopes this helps you.

BR
TT

Conceptual Descriptions of Indirect and Indexed Addressing...

Indirect Addressing:

Indirect Addressing is like a covert-courier working under a double-blind dead-drop arrangement.

For whatever purpose, some agency (function) needs to know the value of some particular information (data).

One way or another, the data is placed at an appropriate location. Then, the identity of that location is placed at the primary-drop-point.

Under one arragement or another, on a scheduled basis or based on some particular event, the particular courier (function-fetch) always goes to a particular primary-drop-point. When required, the courier (function-fetch) goes to the primary-drop-point; he (the function-fetch) reads the note at the primary-drop-point, and then he knows the location of the secondary-drop-point. The courier (the function-fetch) then goes to the secondary-drop-point and gathers the information (data) and delivers it to wherever the information is required.
For whatever reason, this can be made more complicated (blinded) by using a triple- or quadruple-blind. As in, a pointer pointing to a pointer which is pointing to a pointer which is pointing to a ... etc.
Indexed Addressing:

Indexed Addressing is nothing more, or less, than simply counting from a staring place.

The basic idea is to... "start-here", and then apply this "offset", and then do something for so-many iterations (counts).

If the initial offset-value is zero then the data at the "start-here" location is the first data moved, manipulated, or whatever. If the initial offset-value is "6" then that means that the data at the 6th location after the "start-here" location is the first data moved, manipulated, or whatever. This then continues for "so-many" iterations.