Omron NJ-1320 w/ SCU-22 Serial card Lockup

edpg1

Good Afternoon,

I'm working on a project that is receiving just under 100 bytes of serial data every 15-30 seconds.

I have an NJ-1320 PLC for SQL database communications, and an SCU-22 V2.1 the data comes in as a Comma Separated String, it then gets truncated with a "SubDelimiter" Function into a Custom Data Type. Then gets data added to it and sent to the SQL Database.

Problem is, after about 30-80 entries the Serial card stops receiving data, and requires the 24V to the PLC to be dropped and restarted.

I am using the SerialRcv instruction to receive the data.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing the card to "lockup"?

Thanks,

Have you had any luck with Omron tech. support? I am curious if they have any knowledge of this given it's a new(er) controller.

Is there a 'buffer' that is filling up?

I've got a call in with them.

Figured I'd check and see if anyone else has run into an issue like this.

I originally thought buffer issues.

But the function I am using, is supposed to clear the buffer after every read. Also the buffer would only be 255 bytes, at 100 bytes per entry, I should only get 2 entries then the buffer is full, as I stated in the OP I'm getting 30-80 entries.