Omron NS10 Touch screen

jad51

Hi
I am having trouble with t a NS10-TV00B-V2 touch screen (I think)Some buttons change colour but not all buttons seem to work, I have tried a new cable comms but that did not help. Just not sure if there is a problem with the PLC or Touch screen?

Is there anyway to do a test routine (Test buttons/touch pannel) without connecting laptop to the touch screen?

Last edited:
Yuu can enter System menu (where TEST menu is) by pressing 2 diagonal corners simultaneously.
There is "Hardware check" screen to test functions.

Forum 01.jpg

Last edited:
Is this an existing application, or one you're developing?
If the former, had it worked before?
It would not have anything to do with the cable; if one button communicates with the PLC, they all will.
Things to check - is there a visibility condition on the button(s) that don't change colour? For example - if the process is not stopped completely, the PLC may turn off the visibility for a Recipe Change button.

Yeah managed to test the screen (top corners left and right) and the bottom two lines of the touch screen are not working. The screen is password protected and even though the machine supplier has given me the password it is not correct :mad: and now instead for having the machine up and running within four hours I am having to get a screen from the supplier with a two week delay o_O

Does anybody know how to crack a Omron screen password?
Have had some good success with Omron PLC's but haven't tried screens and don't really have the time at the moment to work it out.

Password a a pain when the company goes out of business or forgets it. :(

Last edited: