Omron Pass through PLC Comm

TJBK

I've been given a line that has several sysmac c200Hx PLCs. The First station Im trying to wrap my head around has a NS8 HMI. I'm using Cx-one software.
I wanted to communicate though PLC to PT. Can't get it to work. Ive been searching for info but i feel like this might not be possible. I'm new to the omron world coming from AB. Any insight would help

I've had trouble with that in the past. Is there a good reason you need to pass through?

If it's Ethernet, you can connect directly. The FINS Source Address is your PC and should be different than the FINS Destination Address (which needs to match the NS setting). The Node in most cases is the last octet of the NS IP address.

If you get the settings wrong, the time out is very, very long and it needs to time out twice. It's a real pain.