Omron Sysmac C200HS Programmable Controller CPU21

fredjohns

We got some equipment in from one of our plants that is closeing. There are 3 of the following PLC's in them:
Omron Sysmac C200HS Programmable Controller CPU21

Is anyone familar with this Omron PLC and can let me know what software and progamming cable I will need in order to communicate with the plc and make copies of the programs.

Thanks
Fred

With the older C200H series you can use either LSS, SSS or Even CX Programmer. If all you want to do is download the current ladder the dos versions Lss or Sss can be found online for free... Be aware that you will not get any comments or tag information from the PLC. The cable is a special one that has a converter(some black box) inline that is needed for communication. (If I remember right on the Cable) We had several of the Omrons in my plant mostly C1000s and C2000s. One thing also is if either of them are configured with a host link card you can make your own cable to talk to it.
One of the C200s we had, had a small almost like a digital camera conector and if it is this one I dont remember it having the inline converter? But seems like you had to at least use SSS or pick the wrong cpu in Lss to get it to connect. It would work though.

Last edited:
Cable Choices
CQM1-CIF02 - Peripheral Port to DB9 RS232 (PC)
or
C200HS-CN220EU - CPU RS232 Port to DB9 RS232 (PC)
C200HS-CN220EU you can build yourself.

Current software is CX Programmer, which is part of CX One (Package that contains software for PLCs, HMI, Motion, Networking, etc).

Another option (usually less expensive) is to have an Omron Distributor or Integrator perform this backup service for you.

I would use CX-Programmer as the C200H processors are really no longer available.

If you have one of these old girls fail you can replace the power supply, processor and rack with the CS1 series and still use the old I/O cards and not have to re-wire the system or re-write the program. Omron have provided a very good upgrade path here.

CX-Programmer will then automatically convert the software (with a little manual tweaking depending on what has been used in the PLC) for the CS1 processor.

I have recently done this with 4 systems with at least 8 PLCs in each system. Also replaced the old peer to peer comms network with Controller Link. Did each system in a weekend and had them up, running and tested by about 5PM Sunday without working much over time (10 hour days).

Last edited:
hello

i am currently using a omron C200HS CPU21. i am having problems with wiping it and uploading the new program.

it has a fatal memory error which wont clean

can anyone point me in the right direction?

cheers

Hello hodgie_2k,
I can only remember the Omron series that I worked with and some of the mem errors I had. It was usually either a bad mem stick or bad seating? I am not sure if the C200HS has a mem stick or not but it seems like it might? If so I would try reseating it? Can't hurt.

Here is kind of a last ditch approach.

Remove the battery. Power the unit down overnight.
This should allow the memory to reset.

The C200HS does not have the "memory stick" a previous poster referred to. This was the C200H family.

Hope this will help.

Hodgie:

You are certainly having fun with that C200HS. Try what gtsuport suggested, and if it doesn't work, post again. We will see what else could be tried. In future, I would recommend you start your own thread, rather than jumping onto an old thread.

Stu....

i've finally got back on the C200HS

i've had the battery out for 2 weeks, i put it back in and i've got the error straight away and it still wont clear

the error code is 0x00F1 it is a fatal memory error

does anyone have any pointers?

cheers

i've finally got back on the C200HS

i've had the battery out for 2 weeks, i put it back in and i've got the error straight away and it still wont clear

the error code is 0x00F1 it is a fatal memory error

does anyone have any pointers?

cheers

The C200HS Operation Manual W235-E1-05 has the information you are looking for. The Dip Switches are listed in Section 2-6, and the Errors are listed in Section 10. 1F is listed with the possible causes.

Stu....